In February, Remnants of Cluster Bombs Left 46 Civilian Casualties in Yemen
Remnants of cluster bombs, landmines, and munitions left 46 civilian casualties across Yemen during the last February, the Mine Action Center said on Friday.
“At least 12 civilians were killed and 34 others wounded during February by left by the Saudi-led coalition in several Yemeni provinces,” the center said.
The center indicated that the provinces that topped the list of dead and wounded from war remnants are Hodeida, Hajjah, Lahj, Saada, Jawf, Bayda, and Marib.
Last week, the executive director of the center, Ali Sofra, revealed that 8,104 civilians were killed and injured by the remnants of war from cluster bombs and mines since the beginning of the war in March 2015 until last February, most of them women and children.
According to the center, 78,369 agricultural farms were directly affected by mines, cluster bombs, and remnants of war, with losses totaling $1,88,085,6; in addition, an area of 132,100 hectares of agricultural land suffered losses amounting to approximately $3,645,960.